Ben Mountfield is an experienced independent consultant who works in the humanitarian sector, on interesting and challenging short contracts, in teams or alone. He is available for short to medium-term field deployments as well as longer term work undertaken remotely, with or without field visits.
- Rapid deployment into crisis situations, in management and strategic roles, needs assessment, options analysis, cash-based programming, for immediate and early recovery needs;
- Design and facilitation of technical training which requires field exposure or experiential learning, with a strong emphasis on effective learning and participatory approaches and evaluation;
- Field based research, especially relating to new or innovative approaches;
- Programme evaluation and review;
- Writing of technical guidance for humanitarian practitioners;
- Facilitation of technical meetings and events in the humanitarian sector
Technical skills and areas of specialism include:
- livelihoods and recovery programming;
- cash based responses;
- urban interventions;
- process, results and context monitoring;
- data analysis and presentation
This website contains information on every consulting role he has undertaken, as well as his previous work experience, all accessed through the thematic menu. Some consultancy contracts appear under more than one category.
Click on any item in the lists for additional information – some posts include downloadable diagrams, reports, and other goodies.
Click here for a quick bio overview:
Click here for standard terms of business: